We've compiled a list of answers to our most commonly asked questions. Is your question not listed? Drop us a line, we're always happy to help!
Multi-Factor Authentication FAQs
1.What is MFA?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of protection against cyberthreats like phishing attacks and account takeovers. It verifies your identity with two different “factors” of authentication
when you log in.
The authentication methods we use for Addon Payments Control are:
1. Your Addon Payments Control password
2. A one-time verification code sent to your registered email or
With MFA, even if someone guesses your password, they won’t be able to log in as you without also providing the code. It’s extra account security for an extra layer of protection.
2. Why use MFA?
We use MFA to help protect your account. You may already be familiar with MFA. It’s a common way for companies to implement strong identity verification and to comply with regulatory standards for data security
3. How do I set up MFA on my account?
We’ll automatically enable MFA for your account starting on the 14th of June. After this date, MFA will be part of the usual login flow. After entering your client ID, username, and password, you’ll
be redirected to a verification screen. After you select a method, we’ll send you a code via email or text (SMS). You’ll then be prompted to enter the code to log in.
Once you have authenticated
yourself, you will not be required to authenticate again for 24 hours unless you use a new device or browser.
4. What options do I have to receive codes?
When you log in, select one of these MFA methods:
- Your verified email, which was used during the Addon Payments Control registration process
- A text message (SMS) to your registered mobile phone
5. How will MFA work on my account? ?
Once we’ve enabled MFA, you’ll need to enter the one-time code you receive:
- When you log in
- When you log in from a new device or new web browser
6. Do I have to authenticate separately for certain areas in Addon Payments Control?
No. MFA applies only when logging in. Certain areas of the application are already password protected today, and this will remain in place.
7. What if I didn’t receive the one-time code?
First, try again by clicking the Resend button on the login verification screen. If that doesn’t work, select another authentication method. If you still haven’t received it, contact your Addon Payments
Control Administrator or User Manager.
8. What if I no longer have access to my registered email?
Contact your Addon Payments Control Administrator or User Manager to change the email on your account.
9. What if I no longer have access to the phone number on my account?
Contact your Addon Payments Control Administrator or User Manager to change the mobile phone number on your account.
10. My registered phone is my personal mobile. What if I don’t want to use it for codes?
No problem. Just select the registered email on your account to receive one-time codes.
11.What if I can’t log in to my account?
First, check that you’ve entered the correct client ID, username, and password, as well as the one-time code within 5 minutes of receiving the email or text (SMS). If you’re still experiencing login
issues, please contact the Addon Payments Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.Can I get a receipt with each transaction?
Yes. Transaction receipts are available from our reporting and reconciliation tool in the adminstrator platform.
2. Will you send our customer an email after each transaction?
We will send the result of the transaction request back to your response page. When we hit your response script, your website can trigger an automated email to be sent to the customer after the transaction is completed.
3. Do you transfer money into my business account?
Yes. You will receive the transfer into your business account the next working day after the purchase is done
4. How long does it take for funds to settle into my account?
The process of settling funds is done the next working day after the authorisation.
5. How do I take payments over the phone?
Our Virtual Terminal and Administrator applications allow you to securely accept payments from all major credit and debit cards over the phone. With our Virtual Terminal, you can automatically check the validity of
a card and instantly find a historical transaction while on the phone to a customer.
6. How do I process a rebate?
Rebates can be processed through our Administrator application or via remote XML. Simply locate the original transaction in the "Transactions" section in Administrator. Once located, click "Rebate Transaction" button
at the top right hand corner of the screen. You will then be asked for your Administrator password in order to submit the rebate.
7. My customer has not recieved their rebate yet. What can I do?
The length of time it takes for a rebate to process depends on the customer's card-issuing bank. In most cases, the customer receives their rebate within 5-10 working days. Some issuing banks may accept rebate receipts
from a merchant in an attempt to expedite the settlement process.
8. Do you provide a plugin for my shopping cart?
We provide plugins for most of the world's leading shopping carts and ecommerce platforms. We've worked closely with leading developers who are experts in each shopping cart to ensure that every Addon Payments plugin
is feature-rich and of the highest standard. Our plugins can be found on the respective add-on stores and marketplaces for each cart. Check out our list on the developer hub for more information.
9. Do I get email notification of failed/declined transactions?
We will send the result of the transaction request back to your response page. When we hit your response script, your website can trigger an automated email to be sent to you after the transaction is completed.
10. I've lost or forgotten my RealControl password. How can I reset it?
11. What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure is a customer authentication service introduced by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The service is individually branded as Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode and Amex Safekey. It is a service designed
to protect both the merchant and cardholder from fraudulent e-commerce transactions by adding an extra layer of security for online credit and debit card transactions. Consumers are prompted to enter a personal
passcode after their card details have been entered.
12. What is the URL for RealControl?
13. Where can i find RealControl user guides?
14. Where can I get some test card details? What do I enter for expiry date, name and CVN?
Test card details are available from our Espacio para desarrolladores. You will be required to use any future expiry date, any name and any random 3-digit CVN number to process a test transaction. When testing, please
ensure you use our dedicated sandbox environments. Please contact a member of Support for further information.
15. Where can I find developer documentation?
All developer documentation and resources are available from our Developers hub.